IMMUNIZATION FOR ALL STUDENTS
- Polio – 4 Doses, but 3 are enough if at least one was given after 2nd birthday.
- DTP/DtaP/DT/Td3 – 4 or more doses, but one more dose is needed if the last dose was given before the 2nd birthday. If doses are given after the 7th birthday, at least three doses are needed.
- MMR – 1 dose, but it must be on or after the first birthday. A second dose is recommended. 2 doses require for Kindergarten students starting school after August 1, 1997.
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses, for Kindergarten entry only, starting August 1, 1997
- Varicella (Chickenpox) Immunization required for kindergarten entrance starting July 1, 2001.
- Tuberculin Test (PPD) and Results before entry.
Students will not be admitted to class without all required immunizations.
- Any student who has been living outside of
Tulare County must have a Tuberculin Test (PPD) and the Results BEFORE they can be enrolled.
- All students entering the Kindergarten and 7th grade must have Hepatitis B immunization prior to enrolling.
- All students entering Kindergarten (2007 school year) as mandated by State law, must provide verification of Oral Health Assessment (Dental).
Assembly Bill 52 requires that all first grade students submit a health certificate BEFORE entering school. Students will be excluded from school up to five days, unless the parent or guardian of such student does one of the following:
- Provide evidence that the student has obtained a health screening.
- Provide evidence of an appointment to obtain a health screening within 14 days, and subsequently supplies evidence that a health screening was conducted within three months of enrollment.
- Sign a waiver for health screening.